Submit a poster about your computing research project or your efforts to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in computing!
The 2022 STARS Celebration Poster Session is an excellent opportunity to present emerging ideas and preliminary results to a supportive audience of peers and experts in computing. Through interactive discussions in small groups, presenters can share their work, get feedback from others, identify resources and potential collaborations, and grow their professional networks. For students, in particular, this presents an opportunity to gain experience in research and technical communication, talk with potential mentors, and publish their poster in the conference program.
The poster session welcomes submissions on:
- Student research projects in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Science, or computing-related field
- Summer REU Site projects
- Academic year undergraduate and graduate student research projects
- Experience reports on outreach/service/programs/events/initiatives that are designed to broaden participation of historically excluded groups in computing
- for K12, undergraduate, or graduate students
- for computing faculty
- for the workforce
- Research projects on advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Equitable and inclusive approaches to K12, undergrad, and graduate computing education
- Equitable and inclusive approaches for faculty
- professional development
- hiring and promotion
- Equitable and inclusive approaches to preparing the tech workforce
Poster submissions are managed through the EasyChair conference management system. If you haven't used EasyChair before, you can easily sign up for a free account. Poster submissions require a title and abstract (max of 250 words), but do not require submission of the poster design. Notifications of acceptance will be delivered on a rolling basis. Submissions close on August 31, 2022, with a latest notification date of Sept. 1, 2022. Note that presenters of accepted posters are expected to print and bring their physical poster to the conference.